Most of our up-cycles are uniquely one of a kind there will rarely be two the same.
Most of our tee's are sourced from second hand stores, however there is no denying we have and do source brand new as well (we DO NOT purchase in mass quantities)
ALL OF THESE TEE'S ARE ORIGINAL T-SHIRTS, THEY ARE NOT OUR DESIGNS.
THE FASHION INDUSTRY HAS A WASTE PROBLEM: LETS EDUCATE
1. North Americans send over 10 million tonnes of clothing to the landfill every year.
95% of which can be REUSED AND OR RECYCLED
2. One trillion kilowatt-hours are used every year by the global textile industry. That equals 10% of the global carbon impact.
3. The average person throws away approx. 80 pounds of textiles annually.
4. Textile waste continues to increase due to the rise in clothing consumption and production. The number of new garments produced annually now exceeds 100 BILLION (double the amount compared to the year 2000)
5. Second to oil the clothing and textile industry is the largest polluter in the world.
THIS IS BRIEF, JUST A FEW OF THE FACTS
All our Unfinished Business Denim Jackets are made with mostly recycled tee's and recycled denim. Some are also purchased brand new and remodelled into these unique jackets. We distress the denim, and use fabric paint making them safe to wash without wearing out the paint.